Value-Adding Integrated Pharmaceutical Consulting
Achieve the Best in Resident-Centered Care
Morton LTC is structured to focus solely on the unique requirements and challenges of long term health care settings. Our staff pharmacists, board certified geriatric pharmacist, and registered nurse consultant integrate seamlessly into your operational teams. We help ensure the health and well-being of your residents and further develop the skills and knowledge of your caregiving staff. Work more safely, proactively, and productively with Morton on your team.
A Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP)
A Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP) has passed a comprehensive examination to demonstrate knowledge and expertise in the use of medicines in older adults. This patient population requires medication therapy management tailored to individual circumstances, including co-morbidities, goals of care, preferences, and ability to adhere to medications. You and your residents will appreciate the specialized insight of a Morton LTC board certified geriatric pharmacist.
Comprehensive Admission Reviews
Comprehensive Admission Reviews focus on how to best meet the complex individual needs of new residents. Morton LTC pharmacists perform same-day detailed admission reviews and communicate the results to your staff. Together with successful medication reconciliation, appropriate orders and correct medication administration result in significantly fewer rehospitalizations. Residents receive the best possible care and costs are avoided or contained.
- Antibiotic stewardship
- Formulary optimization
- Psychotropic and antipsychotic drug reduction
- Fall reduction strategies
- House stock management and storage audits
- Behavioral and hospice rounds
- Comprehensive admission reviews upon transition of care
- Annual chart reviews completed by a second Morton LTC consultant pharmacist
- Participation in root cause analysis of medication errors
- QAPI/PIP committee participation including best practice development, process improvement, and policy/procedure updates
- Ongoing proactive collaboration to prevent survey tags
- Survey preparedness and mock survey assistance
- Customized staff in-services